Wednesday 21 November 2012

5B&C Ethics continued………….



Your ethics have to change with every circumstance you are in. It is made up of Values and Belief of an individual, yourself. Once you then work within a company you have the obligation to follow the rules they have set in place. One has to be open-minded and respect that something may be highly ethical to you however disregarded by another individual, “agree to disagree”. This document explores the ethics a “dancer” should have;
http://www.ethicsdance.co.uk/resources/downloads/ethics-in-dance---a-debate-yet-to-be-held.pdf 
The more willing you are to do this will affect the society you live in. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, yet when and how they discuss it is imperative.

Within my inquiry it is vital that it is ethically correct. To continue with this I need to present all findings as accurately as possible. The information needs to be stored correctly and should be honest and not manipulated in any way. I also want all evidence to my findings available, I will store everything whether I think it’s necessary or not. The people I interview should not be influenced by my thoughts; the questions should not be phrased to gain the answers I think I want. By doing all of the previous means to can collect all the information I need in an ethically correct manor.


I feel in my current situation on a cruise ship ethics are very exaggerated, especially at the moment due to the incident on the Concordia. Health and safety is at its height, with drills every cruise and more and more training sessions with information that we now have to know. Due to this in my previous blog I felt like there was so much information I could include, could it all possibly be ethics?

I have read Ahmets blog; http://mrahmet.blogspot.com/2012/10/2nd-campus-session.htmlwhere he refers to Adesola point, “ethics are a sensation, as appose to a thing”. In an audition for example would you really abide by the dance ethics and codes of conduct by Michele M Rasmussen; http://ezinearticles.com/?Dance-Ethics-and-Codes-of-Conduct&id=4623455
In an audition would you “share the floor?” By getting the job I have at the moment I had to share one studio with over 400 girls, I wanted that job and was not willing to share. I order to get this job I had to become someone I wasn’t, I had to put on an act and push myself to the front to be seen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimberly,

    I entirely argue with the way you are going to be carrying out your research, I think that is the best way to carry it out fairly and accurately. I also think that it certainly is a good idea to not manipulate the questions that you are going to be asking or even to steer them into the direction you want them to head, in term of the answer’s you will get. It’s a good idea to make sure that the people you interview are not influenced by your way of thinking and how you think and feel about the questions you are going to ask.

    I think I would be a good idea to interview people who may share the same interests as you but do not think the same as you do. I can relate to your situation in terms of the addition process you have been through, it’s always hard to go on an addition and be ‘yourself’ and still get noticed. When I have been on auditions I have often found it hard to stand out from the group even more so when there is a larger amount of people that I have to compete with. Although we may not be in the same profession I’m sure our addition experiences could still be similar, if not the same.

    ReplyDelete