Wednesday 25 April 2012

2D – Inquiry


I wanted to answer these questions and make people go.........Oh My she sounds so interesting but I just decided to be honest (-:
               
What in your daily practice gets you really enthusiastic to find out more about? Who do you admire who also works with what makes you enthusiastic?

I am I little obsessed with positivity and energy and the effect it has on people, rehearsals, health, wealth. I love feeding off people’s positive energy. The feeling you get on stage when everything comes together, everyone has great energy, everyone connects and you become one! (however corny it sounds, it’s how it feels) I love reading about it. Peoples views quite often on self help books are quite cynical however I find them so interesting. Don’t get me wrong I do not follow and do as they preach but I like to take a little out of everyone and try it out.
I read regularly The Secret as I do like to practice their techniques. I think within this career you have to take a lot of criticism and knock backs and it is hard to keep yourself positive and motivated. Sometimes in rehearsal when you get a lot of corrections you can feel like you are being picked out and made a spectacle of however it’s just there and then. Once you have finished and look back on it you have another view. Positivity is the key!

What gets you angry or makes you sad? Who do you admire who shares your feelings or has found away to work around the sadness or anger?

A situation that has happened in my family, which I think evolves around money! It’s hard to put it into words on a page but this is one thing that makes me angry. A lot of peoples lives revolve around money and I have a greedy extended family that want more and more which resulted in my parents not being able to afford my colleges fees. I gained half a scholarship however had to pay the other £15,000 myself. While at college I worked in clubs dancing till early hours in the morning then in an office during the day. I survived on only 5-6 hours sleep a weekend and then did a full week at college from 8-6 and gave it 100%. Due to the stress my dad was put through he then got ill. In my dads condition he shouldn’t be working but has to for the mortgage. This all stems down to people being greedy over money. I never normally talk about this sort of thing, only to my mum. I am all about positive thinking and thoughts bring things (as you can see from the previous question) so I don’t like to talk about money negatively however the question “what makes me angry?’ has been asked! 
I would never change my situation as it has made me the person I am today. Everything I have, I have worked hard for and I have made things happen, however there are a lot of people out there who have had it handed to them on a plate and still are, I just wish they would appreciate it. The students who parents pay their fees, rent, bills, money to live, to go to class. I always remember how lucky I am and how there is always someone worse off.


What do you love about what you do? Who do you admire who also seems to love this or is an example of what you love?

This in a way contradicts my answer to the last question. I love how you can become someone else for a little while. I’ve always loved acting! The thought of dressing like someone else, adapting the characters habits, accent, style really excites me. When dancing I create a character for each routine. It helps with my performance and to also grasp the style of the number. One person I really do admire as an artist is Beyonce! May sound like I’m just another fan, but its more of a respect. The person you see on stage is what Beyonce refers to as Sasha Fierce. I’ve copied a link to an interview that explains her alter ego.

3.30min into this video-


Short clip-

What do you feel you don’t understand? Who do you admire who does seem to understand it or who has found a way of making not understanding it interesting or beautiful, or has asked the same questions as you?
I admire people that can let go, that don’t seem to care what other people think to a certain extent. There is always something that holds me back. I noticed it when I was at college and I never 100% got rid of it then. I visualise myself being like that but then I don’t do it. I can see what looks good and most effective but applying it to myself is another challenge. For instance I will watch someone perform on stage and it works amazingly. Then I try and bring that to my performance and I cant do it how I visualise. It is hard to put into words how I feel. Is it to risky? What am I afraid of?? Neither of those things because if I did it how I see in my head, I would look great. I’m sure someone knows how I feel??
On my last contract a guy called Arthur was great at just letting himself go. Ok sometimes he would what we called “overachieve” and have to be told to calm down. But surely it’s better to be told to hold back rather than them wanted more??


No comments:

Post a Comment