Saturday 28 April 2012

Task 3d – Critical questions and issues the emerge




Do some very specific ideas emerge about your networking and sources? Does your engagement to date seem appropriate? Limited? Focused? Planned? Unplanned?

Due to being on a ship for 7 months my networking sources have been very limited. I made the most of my sources there. I have a new affiliation with Carnival, getting to know the old cast, supervisors and the new cast I now have a group of people that are from all over the world that may help me out in the future. If I had studied reader 3 before meeting these people I think I would have done things differently. I have now added most of them on facebook so I can keep in contact. I would have asked them more questions about their careers, jobs, studies. Learning from other peoples mistakes, getting advise and finding out there chosen paths could have added to my knowledge and maybe helped me out in the future. Up to now it has been unplanned, I have just let things happen. Now that I have access to all the sources I need I can focus on where I am going and create my path.

Are your ideas, position or concerns shared by others within and/or beyond your professional area of work?

Yes- from reading peoples blogs I notice the word unplanned a lot. I think a lot on BAPP course this module has made them look deeper into how they are using their networks, at the moment they are just letting things happen just like myself.

Does sharing ideas and communicating with others shift your thinking, planning or practice?

I am constantly learning and changing my plans. My career has only just began, until now I had it all planned out. I now have choices to make about my next direction. Talking to people that have been in the practice for years have influenced me a lot. I am not closing and doors and saying no to any options. I am ready to take any route they may evolve on my path.

Does critical reflection help you decide what really matters and the action to take?

Most definitely! If you never re access your actions you are never going to learn or move forward. Critical reflection has developed my second self as I like to call it.  By taking myself out of the box and looking at actions from a different point of view. I am still learning a great deal and I have not come to grips with it totally I can just refer to my reader to remind me. I feel it has already benefited me not only as a self employed dancer but also as a person.

To what extent do concepts and theories assist you in thinking about your professional networking in different ways? And do these different ways of thinking have some purpose for you?

Previous to Reader 1 & 3 I used networking sites and had many sources of networking however it was all subconscious. There was no planning or reasoning behind it. Now I can reflect on that and learn to use them to my best ability.  I can plan ahead. This way I will save time and effort with a more effective out come.

Are you left thinking differently prior to this part of the module? And if so, how?

Yes – I have not been using my utensils in an active way that I should be. I have gone into a depth of networking which means I have seen it from a totally different specific. I have neglected the benefits that it could have on my career.


No comments:

Post a Comment